Button Battery Safety

Button batteries can post a risk when ingested. They can be a choking hazard, but also can get lodged in a child's esophagus and cause blockage and burning! I have not been able to find any age recommendations by the AAP, NSC or NCPC. It seems the greatest risk is posed to children under 6. Please ensure safe practices when using batteries with children!

National Poison Control

National Safety Council

Battery Safety Infographic by Battery Plus

Newer Post

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published